House of MEA – Fashion Show AW18 LFW
Friday 16th February, House of MEA, brought together five designers from Indonesia to showcase their Modest Fashion collections and Indian designer, Vidhi Wadhwani for the first time, on the Fashion Scout catwalk at London Fashion Week. Each with their own signature style, techniques, and a combination of heritage meets contemporary approach.
The collective of Indonesian Modest Fashion Designers; Jeny Tjahyawati , Lia Afif, Aisyah Rupnidah Chan, Ratu Anita Soviah and Tuty Adib, are all enchanted and heavily influenced by their heritage and work with skilled local artisans to help produce their collections. The House of MEA show was an elegant presentation of modern Muslim style.
Vidhi Wadhwani’s designs have become synonymous for handcrafted detail and texture. This AW18 season, her collection has an upbeat mood that is edgy and bold with a sharp use of strong black, white and sunshine yellow colours, shown across textured jackets, sheer tops and trousers, dresses and shirts with bombers. She has successfully combined hard edge, geometric 3D cuts with soft, feminine sheer fabric and touches of metallic thread to create optical illusions across the collection. Details include; a modern use of embroidery, gathered hems, waists and shoulder details, sports-inspired striped edging across a combination of structured and floaty fashion pieces.
- Increase awareness of House of MEA designers through traditional/print, broadcast and digital press outlets.
- Increase digital awareness through strong affiliations with bloggers and influencers.
- Increase celebrity affiliations and associations through increasing celebrity attendance and dressing for events.
- Interviews and profile raising for client and designers.
- Identified target contacts in fashion press, fashion influencer/bloggers, trade media, stylists, celebrities and cultural outlets to build a database for the shows.
- Write Press Releases for the individual shows (3) and also on designers
- Send out Press Releases to target contacts
- Send out Show invites and handle guest lists
- Profile raising of designers to facilitate interviews and raise awareness
- Celebrity/VIP attendance, bloggers, coverage in influential fashion media
- Opportunities for celebrity dressing
- PR services pre/post show
- handled press and VIP for the show, including celebrities, media and dignitaries from cultural embassies
- Press coverage on ITV, ITN, Yahoo, Vogue gallery, Asian Voice newspaper, multiple blog posts and social media platforms
- Celebrity dressing on front row and also post event